Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
The programs and sponsorships of the PTSA are solely funded through escrip fundraising.
To all current and potential Kapaa High PTSA members, all our Warrior families, and especially our Kapaa High faculty and staff, please enroll and check your account settings often to maximize this passive fundraising. It's safe and costs you nothing but a little bit of time. Mahalo for your support.
1st Quarter Kapaa High PTSA Sponsorships include Financial Assistance for:
- Reception for visiting Astrophysicists from the University of Hawaii Institute of Astronomy - Center for Computational Heliophysics in Hawaii (C2H2)
- Weekend Workshop with Special Guests from C2H2 Program -as a follow-on from the above mentioned event. Kapaa High Science department hosted Physics teachers and students from middle and high schools island-wide.
- Support of STEM* education in the form of general support of Kapaa High VEX team, and support of interscholastic VEX "Friendly" competitions hosted by Kapaa High Science Department.
- Language Arts Newswriting/The Tradewind student school newspaper.
- Parent Information Fair and Warrior Back-To-School BBQ.
- Senior Parent Information Pow Wow.
- Parent Project Parent Skills Training- hosted at Kapaa High School and facilitated by volunteer trainers from East Kauai Drug Prevention Education Team and Alu Like.
- 3.0 GPA Ice-Cream Give-Away for all students who achieved a G.P.A. of 3.0 first quarter.
Please consider any level of support from membership, escrip subscriptions, and if you have an interest in lending your time, talent, brains, brawn or heart...volunteer. Mahalo.
*S.T.E.M = Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
2010 Project Grad was a hit!!! Thanks to all the volunteers and community members, your generous time and effort made it successful. We all couldn’t have done it without you. We would like to personally thank you all for your unconditional support!!! It was all of you that made it possible! Your patience and understanding was very much appreciated.
Kapaa High School PTSA , 2010 Project Graduation Committee
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
A few parents are needed to help on Saturday Morning 6:00 am at the Kapaa High School Gym with Mrs. Keawe. You will need to assist with the deboarding of students from the buses, making sure they get their personal items, buses are cleared of all rubbish, left/forgotten items on the buses...
...and most of all that a designated adult picks them up at the gym. NO PROJECT GRAD ATTENDEE IS ALLOWED TO DRIVE AWAY FROM GYM IN A VEHICLE!!!
Please send your name, contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support, Felina MK Silva - Project Graduation Co-Chair
Anyone who has been planning to assist in the decoration of the site on Thursday May 20th. The time has changed to 5:30 pm. Mahalo!
We will be moving our event materials/props/decor from our prep area on campus to the site on Thursday morning. We could use some extra hands for loading up at school...and them to unload them at the site. Any help with even a portion will be appreciated :)
Date: Thursday May 20th
Loading: 8:30 am at the Student Center, KHS Campus
Unloading: 9:30 am at the site.
If you are able to help please respond via email to email@example.com
Friday, May 14, 2010
- Setting up chairs and barricades
- Putting up alphabet signs,
- Decorating stage and entrances
- Cleaning up stage (same night after ceremony)
- Final clean up Saturday @ 9-10 am
- Old rags and buckets to wipe chairs clean
- Tropical flowers and greenery
- White, sturdy plumerias (with little bit yellow in middle, loose)
- Long Ti leaf and crown flower leis for stage decorations
- Banana Stumps, green ti leaves
- Sledge Hammers to pound in stakes for barricades
- Rakes, clippers, scissors, machetes, ladders, rope and
- string for the finishing touches!
- *** Duct tape and zip ties will be provided.***
Saturday, May 8, 2010
We also provided financial support to Project Grad for their Valentine's Spaghetti Fundraiser which helped cover basic production costs for the event.
The Kapaa High School Boys Varsity Coach, Kevin Cram, paid us a welcomed visit to request a donation to help defray travel expenses for the team's return to the Division II State Championships in Oahu. We were glad to oblige and are thankful to all our members and eScrip subscribers for their continued support which makes these ongoing sponshorships possible.
Congratulations to the FIVE Warrior Teams who cinched KIF Titles this Year- SO FAR!!!
Check back with us soon as the rest of 3rd quarter promises to be busy. If you are interested in becoming more active in the PTSA in any capacity, would like to make a donation, become a supporter, join the PTSA, or have any questions, please contact us or join us at our next meeting.